The reference book for Karate Kata Shōtōkan Style.
The book is suitable for ...
All Karateka who want to internalize the sequences of the Shōtōkan Kata up to black belt. In addition to the training, the book serves as a reference book and thus for the constant optimization of the execution.
Who has not experienced the following situation? You learn a Kata, practice it a few times and then put it aside. So it happens again and again that uncertainties arise in the middle of a Kata and the practitioner no longer knows how to continue. "If I only had the opportunity to look it up somewhere, I would soon master the sequence again." This book is meant to be that desired reference book.
- Illustrated presentations of all techniques from three different perspectives
- Clear and detailed graphics details
- At-a-glance overview of all Kata
- Supplementary explanations of difficult sections of the Kata
- Explanations of Japanese terms through graphics
- Explained Kata: Taikyoku shodan, Heian shodan, Heian nidan, Heian sandan, Heian yondan, Heian godan, Tekki shodan, Bassai dai, Jion, Kankû dai, Empi, Hangetsu.
Author: Fiore Tartaglia
Scope: 108 pages
Publication date: 1st German edition: 2001; English edition: 2003
Item number: SKUBB
Additions: A total of 1.700 drawings