SHÔTÔKAN-KATA UP TO BLACK BELT / Vol. 1
A Reference Book for Karate Kata Shôtôkan Style
Download a free reading sample, or have a look inside the book.
Author: Fiore Tartaglia
Publisher: Spectra – Design & Verlag
Format: eBook or 17 x 24 cm
In total, over 1.700 drawings
• Illustrated presentations of all techniques from three different perspectives
• Clear and detailed graphics Details
• At-a-glance overview of all kata
• Supplementary explanations of difficult sections of kata
• Explanations of Japanese terms through graphics
Taikyoku shodan, Heian shodan, Heian nidan, Heian sandan, Heian yondan, Heian godan, Tekki shodan, Bassai dai, Jion, Kankû dai, Empi, Hangetsu.
Who has not been through this? You learn a kata, you practice it a few times, and then put it aside. And so it often happens that, in the middle of performing the kata, the karateka is not sure of the sequence and no longer knows how to continue the kata. ”If only I could find some place to look it up,” he thinks, ”I’d soon master the whole sequence.” This book is meant to be that desired reference book.